Did you know Portofino is home to a triathlon training camp? Through an innovative partnership with the Multisport Performance Institute (MPI), Portofino Island Resort offers a training ground for triathletes of all levels. Whether you’re preparing for your first tri or improving your strategy and skills for your twentieth, coaches Mark Sortino and John Murray, both USA Triathlon Level 2 Certified and Ironman finishers, can get you to the next level. But don’t just take it from us … let one of their participants give you the scoop.
Check out this blog by Cort the Sport – an endurance athlete, triathlete, marathoner and mom.
At Portofino, we encourage you to explore all the resort has to offer. Whether it’s biking along the Gulf Islands National Seashore, paddle boarding in the Sound or hitting the tennis courts, we know there is plenty for you to enjoy while you are here. But, we also hope you’ll discover some new adventures on and off the resort. If you need some ideas, we’ve put together a fun list of some of our favorites. Here’s to a great summer …
• Visit the Naval Aviation Museum. The world’s largest Naval Aviation Museum features more than 150 beautifully restored aircraft, state-of-the-art simulators and an IMAX theater. Plus admission is free. Visit the Naval Aviation Museum website or call 850.452.3604 for more information.
• Go see the Blue Wahoos – Pensacola’s own minor league baseball team. Their spectacular new, waterfront stadium is situated directly on Pensacola Bay just a short drive from Portofino. For tickets or more information, visit the Blue Wahoos website.
• Bring a blanket and go stargazing on the beach. There is even a free stargazing event on the beach hosted by the Escambia Amateur Astronomers’ Association in June and August on Pensacola Beach. More information can be found on the Visit Pensacola Beach website.
• See the beach like you’ve never seen it before on the new 360° Pensacola Beach Observation Wheel. The fully-enclosed, air-conditioned gondolas lift you 200 feet in the air for sweeping views of the Gulf of Mexico and Santa Rosa Sound. For tickets or more information, visit their website.
• For things that go ROAR … visit nearby Gulf Breeze Zoo for an adventurous day off the beach. Check out their website for more information.